Do you know the best practices for effectively using your scented candle? At CandlesStudio, we want to give you some practical tips to fully enjoy your scented candle. First of all, remember that it is important to choose your scented candle well (see article)
Before using your candle
- Before lighting your candle, cut the wick between 0.5 and 1 cm for better combustion. In fact, the longer the wick and the larger the flame, the faster the candle will burn.
- To prevent your candle from smoking, remove any debris that has accumulated on the wick before each use.
While using your candle
- For a first use, it is recommended to leave your candle lit for a minimum of 2 hours in order to avoid the formation of a hole.
- Make sure you place your candle away from any drafts. This could melt in a non-homogeneous way.
- Make sure the wick stays straight
- Avoid placing your candle on a surface sensitive to heat: risk of thermal shock.
After using your candle
- To extinguish your candle instead, use a snuffer to smother the flame or dip the wick in melted wax.
- Avoid moving your candle while the wax is still melted.
- To preserve its fragrance, you can put it under a glass bell
- For safety, do not leave your candle burning unattended or near flammable material. Finally, never leave your candle within the reach of children or animals, even when it is extinguished.